Friday, August 15, 2008

Eyesore Profile: Congressman Lee Terry

What an ugly mofo...I mean, is it just me, or does he oddly resemble Butthead? Representing Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District (Omaha), his campaign website touts his lame positions on a number of issues...



Abortion: "I believe that the most innocent lives, those of the unborn should be protected." I guess that would exlude innocent Iraqi children killed by US bombing missions, but who am I to judge?

Taxes: "How many of you want your taxes raised? Well Nancy Pelosi wants to raise your taxes, in fact the budget that we just passed raises your taxes over 5 years by almost 700 billion dollars." I'm sure Omaha is filled with tons of multi-millionaires who are worried about Pelosi raising their taxes. Coincidentally, Omaha's own Warren Buffet disagrees with this typical GOP talking point. But I'm sure Terry knows far more about economics than one of the most successful investors of all time.

No comments: